- Cash is King – Those who present the dealer with cash upfront may be lucky with a private dealer who will be able to haggle to get you a price you want. If you try to haggle with a car dealership, having cash up front does not give you much leverage. Since the dealers are not making much anyway per car, most of their profit is from interest and loans on the car. To save money on the purchase of the car, you may be able to have the dealer claim a “loss”, but their profit would return from loan repayment and interest. Once you purchase your car, our experienced open vehicle transporters from Direct Connect Auto Transport can safely get your car to its destination.
- Purchase Out of State to Eliminate Sales Tax – You can be lucky to save some money with a car purchase out of state, but the sales tax is configured not from the location of its purchase but from the region of registration. Those who live in cities like Boston or Philadelphia may think it’s a great idea to purchase in a suburb far away from their home and move cars back to their city. In Philadelphia, they have both a state tax and sales tax. They also pay more sales tax for living in the city then the outside towns that surround them. Some Philly residents may want to purchase in the suburbs to avoid the sales tax, only to be disappointed since you still have to pay your city’s sale tax even if the purchase was in another location. You may be able to shop around to find discounts on the actual price of the car, but you cannot save on the sales tax.
- Shopping on Certain Dates – Due to this other common car buying myth, many people assume to wait for certain dates – like the end of the month. Car buyers assume that dealerships are desperate to get cars sold quickly to meet sales goals. Do not just head to any dealer at the end of the month, but focus on ones that make many transactions each month. These dealers are often more reliable and focus on the positive car buying experience and selling in large volume.
- Do Not Purchase a Red Car – This has been a long car buying myth that has been known for years. People assume that due to the brighter color of the car it’s easier to be noticed by police, and red cars are more likely to be pulled over. People generally avoid purchasing red cars to avoid higher insurance, when insurance companies do not even ask for the color of the car. Insurance companies ask for the year, age and engine size, model, make and body type. If you are looking to purchase a red car, your insurance rate will not go up and Direct Connect will gladly ship it to your home with an enclosed auto carrier.
- Coming Up With a ‘Final Price’ – Sure, you may have researched the same car you are looking for on a website and found it to be less expensive. The one online may have not factored in all of the costs such as sales tax, state and local tax, state license and registration fees, leasing fees and more. If you use the common buyer tactic of having a check with a final price on it, you will often not be able to walk out with the car you want. You have to factor in all of the dealership fees, and your final price may actually be higher than the price the dealership had in mind.
Finding an auto shipper job is easier than ever before if you have access to the internet. Many job sites like indeed.com, LinkedIn and more will post about available auto transport jobs. Auto transport jobs can be very flexible from the hours you are looking to work, the areas you are looking to travel to and the number of vehicles you are looking to transport.
Some Companies Will Train Their Employees
Although many companies want to see that you are an experienced auto transporter with a CDL (commercial driver’s license), some will provide you with on-the-job training. To move cars, the certifications will vary by which company your work with.
Available Auto Transport Jobs
For auto shipping, you can ship one vehicle or you can haul anywhere from 6 to 10 vehicles at a time. For shipping one vehicle from one car dealership to another, you will just need a driver’s license and a clean driving record. With auto transport companies who ship 6 to 10 vehicles, you will need the required training including a CDL along with other required documents which will vary with each dealership.
Where Can I Find Companies in My Area?
Besides looking on the internet, finding a local auto transport company that is looking for help should not be too difficult to find. The economy is better, and the auto transport industry is booming. Depending on the job type and the pay you are looking for, you can find different companies looking for what you need near you. If you are looking for more part-time work transporting one vehicle at a time, a car dealership near you may be hiring. Depending on how many miles you travel, the average pay is about a few hundred dollars per trip. For a full-time job with a much higher pay, you will likely be driving a large truck that carries many vehicles. You will need a CDL with other certifications, but you can come across some companies that will train without experience.
Vehicles should be inspected before and after shipping. You should always note any damage to the autotransporter before shipping and take photos of the vehicle’s condition before its voyage. When you are ready to move cars, you should already know the condition of your vehicle and be prepared with proper documentation in case of potential but rare damage.
When your vehicle arrives at its destination, a representative will be there to receive the vehicle from the vehicle transporter. With the bill of lading that you receive, make note of any marks or scratches on the vehicle that was not there before. Take photos of any of these marks, and show these to the representative to confirm this condition on the bill of lading.
If there is any vehicle damage, you would have to file a claim with the insurance company. If your vehicle if valuable, a sports car or over the value of $70,000 – it is recommended to use an enclosed auto carrier. 75% of Direct Connect’s Customers use open auto transport. Open carriers are still a very safe option for your vehicle, and with Direct Connect’s damage-free guarantee – you have nothing to worry about!
Direct Connect Auto transport has over 20 years of experience safely shipping vehicles to their destination. They are licensed, insured and bonded, so they are a reliable company that will ship your car in the same condition that it is received. Inspecting your vehicle is always important before shipment and after shipment. Always let the carrier know of any issues with the vehicle before transport, to have the shipping go smoothly!
When military personnel is shipping nationally across the U.S. with auto transport companies, you are allowed to ship a single POV to your destination. The government authorizes payment for a single vehicle to be shipped to your new station. This vehicle must be shipped to the army base and not another location. With each POV shipped, you need to fill out a specific form for the type of vehicle you are shipping. We understand that those in the military often have to leave quickly and unexpectedly to a new location, and we are here to help your vehicle get there when it needs to be at its new base.
Your POV must be self-propelled, which are automobiles, motorcycles, pickup trucks, vans, scooters and jeeps. All vehicles must have 4 wheels unless they are mopeds or motorcycles and must be legal for driving on highways. Any vehicles that are considered “low riders” need 6 inches or more of clearance to prevent damage to the POV during shipment. They also cannot have a lift kit taller than 3 inches. You can check with your local transportation office about military auto transport if you are unsure whether you can ship your POV.
Items You Can Ship in Your POV
There are many items that you can and cannot ship in your POV. You can ship a spare tire and two snow tires with wheels. Small items need to be packed in one carton given to you by the vehicle processing center. Items like stereos must be bolted down or installed into the car to prevent damage from movement around in the POV. Tools that are under $200 in value are allowed. Such tools include Tire chains, first aid kits, jumper cables, jack tire irons, first aid kits, warning triangle/trouble lights. Items that cannot be shipped with your POV include any pressurized cans, liquids, flammable or hazardous substances like paints or oils, items that can move around and electronics like TVs that aren’t permanently installed.
Your local transportation office and overseas sponsor should know all of the details for shipping your POV. When shipping your POV overseas, you need the following items to drop off and pick up your vehicle:
- A form of ID – military ID and driver’s license
- Set of Keys
- Copy of DD form 788 (Private Vehicle Shipping Document) or a commercial equivalent
- Copy of member’s Power of Attorney if your spouse is picking up your vehicle
Military shipping with Direct Connect is hassle-free and easy. Leave the work up to us to move cars so all you have to worry about is getting to your new military base. With years of experience shipping vehicles, we can assure you that your vehicle will be delivered in a timely and safe manner.
Shipping to Hawaii is one of the most expensive destinations to move cars to in the U.S. due to the fact that it is overseas. To ship to Honolulu, Hawaii – you would have to have your vehicle shipped by a truck from your state in the U.S. to the boat terminal. Then, you would have to have your vehicle shipped to the boat terminal in Hawaii and arrange a truck to pick your vehicle up to its destination in Hawaii.
Anchorage, AK is another one of the most expensive destinations due to it being located overseas, so far away from mainland in the U.S. Getting to Anchorage is similar to getting to Hawaii from the U.S. If you do not already live on the West Coast of the U.S., you need to factor in the costs of shipping by a carrier which will vary depending on distance. There are many terminals on the West Coast to ship your vehicle from to Anchorage by boat. Costs vary depending on if you want RORO or container shipping.
Seattle Washington is a very populated area and one of the top destinations to ship a vehicle in the U.S. Due to these reasons, it is a very expensive location to ship. Shipping a vehicle from New York to Seattle is a popular route since many people are looking to reside in this location due to jobs.
Miami is also a very popular destination to ship whether you are spending a few months out of the year during snowbird season, where retirees seek warmer temperatures – or if you are relocating to Miami for a new job. Industry in Miami is booming; there are many new corporations hiring for those who are seeking jobs. From the beautiful weather to the industry, it’s no wonder why people are looking to ship to Miami.
Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, California is another popular destination just like Miami. Many people move there for work, especially from New York to California which will cost on average above $1,000. Usually popular locations have a lot of carriers which make the cost lower, however, Los Angeles is so popular that finding an open vehicle transport for your exact route may cost you extra.
Although these destinations are the most expensive in the U.S, the final cost will depend on many factors. From vehicle type and weight to carrier type and shipping season, costs will vary greatly. With Direct Connect Auto Transport, we can provide you with reliable auto transport to one of these locations at the best price possible!
If you are a classic car enthusiast, chances are – you’ve gone to an auction out of state. Many classic car auctions run all over the country with different types of vehicles at each one. When you find a classic car at an auction for a price that you can’t resist, you may want to consider automobile transportation from Direct Connect Auto Transport. Our reliable transport team can get your valuable, classic car safely from one state to another.
Once you have found the car for you, the next step is to call up a shipping company and decide what type of shipping you want. We always recommend with expensive, valuable or classic cars that you spend the extra money for enclosed auto transport. This will ensure that your prized possession is damage-free for years to come. With enclosed shipping, your car will be safe from weathering, debris, flooding, etc.
The next step once you choose the carrier type is to arrange the vehicle for a pickup and drop off location, along with the desired dates. You can have terminal-to-terminal shipping or door-to-door shipping, whichever is more convenient for you. Door-to-door shipping may be better with a classic car so it gets right where it needs to be without all of the extra stops.
Shipping a classic car from state to state is easier than ever with Direct Connect Auto. With 24/7 customer service and GPS tracking technology, you know that your classic car is always in good hands. Direct Connect Auto specializes in coast to coast shipping to get your car to your location with our damage-free guarantee.
There are many tactics of a car salesman that are used to get people to purchase cars. Some of these tactics, however, are dishonest and may stretch the truth of the value of a car. Always read reviews on car dealerships and get advice from family and friends who have purchased used cars before choosing a place. There are many dishonest used car dealers out there.
Below are some of the tips to avoid a dishonest salesman. Once you spot one, you should go to another car dealer.
- Pushing a Sale – If the car dealer is doing anything in their power to make the sale go through, this is not the dealer to buy the car from. If they say something like “what do I have to do to get you into a car today”, then be advised that is the biggest sign of a bad used car salesman. If they are more concerned about getting a sale then about fulfilling your needs, then it’s time to shop around at another dealer! You can find a dealer with affordable automobile transport, to get your car in the time you want.
- Talking About Payment over Price – If they first approach you about what kind of payment you are looking for instead of talking about price, this is a big flag. They should never talk about payment first but should address your budgeting in a polite manner.
- Hidden Fees – You may see a car available for $8,000. Then, all of the sudden, there are additional fees. A $300 title and registration fee, a $900 processing fee and a licensing fee that is included at the end. If there are any fees, they should tell you in the beginning and not right before the sale. Each dealer has fees for taxes, registration, and titles, and some dealers have more fees than others. Just always make sure to get the price up front.
- Waiting for a Direct Answer – You may go to a car dealer that has to get answers from a manager who has to get answers from their boss. You have all of these levels of leadership and are waiting on 4 people at the end to get back to you. In this case, you wait for paperwork, financing and any questions you need to be answered. Most people by this time are losing patience and are much more likely to agree to a bad idea just to be able to leave – like buying a car from them.
If you find any used car dealers doing any of the above things, be sure to leave right away. Do not agree to buy a car just so you can quickly leave the place. There are always good car dealers out there that are not looking to just push a sale. If you are far away from the dealer and find the car you want, you may want to consider a car shipping company. Be aware of these sales tactics before going into the used car dealer, and you should be able to have a good car buying experience at the price point you want to pay. For a good car buying experience, use auto transport companies like Direct Connect Auto Transport if you live far from the dealer and need reliable shipping!
The new 2018 models have been outdoing previous models from performance and fuel efficiency to unique features and improved technology, just as one would expect. Car shoppers today expect more out of cars than ever before, and car manufacturers have to produce cars that live up to their expectations. They want vehicles that have all of the latest gadgets, have a great safety record, is reasonably priced and have great fuel economy.
The cars listed below are the top five desired vehicles of 2018:
- 2018 Kia Sorento – This is one of the top desired SUVs, and is the best 3-Row SUV for your money. If you are looking for an SUV that is high performing and available at a reasonable price, then consider this vehicle. The spacious interior has plenty of passenger space, and up to date features that many luxury SUVs offer. As being one of the lowest starting prices for an SUV, this makes it ideal for families that are looking to save a little cash without skimping on performance.
- 2018 Toyota Avalon – For a great value with all of the latest features of many newer cars, consider the Toyota Avalon. It’s the best large car for your money from 2018 models. With a spacious cabin and leather seats, it just proves a long car ride does not have to be uncomfortable! You can have all of the latest features, great fuel economy and a standard V6 engine all at a competitive price.
- 2018 Audi A3 – At only $31,950, this luxury, a midsize car has all of the features and performance of a regular Audi car at a lower price. If you have always wanted a luxury sedan but didn’t want to spend the steep price – now a luxury sedan can be affordable for everyone. It is even at a lower cost than many midsize cars that are not luxury brands.
- 2018 Ford Edge – The best 2-row SUV for the money is the 2018 Ford Edge. With plenty of interior space, this makes it a comfortable and quiet ride for passengers. The Edge also boasts of plenty of unique tech features that you would see in many newer SUV models. At only $29,200, this large sized SUV is a steal and a great long-term choice.
- 2018 Toyota Camry – This midsize car is anything but ordinary. With standard safety features, outstanding performance and the newest technology like smartphone integrations, this car is not what you would expect from a traditional commuter car. You can expect this to be a great deal in the long run, since long-term ownership costs are lower than costs for the average sedan.
You can still have features of a luxury sedan all at a reasonable price in these budget-friendly vehicles. These five vehicles from 2018 boast of superior performance, comfort and great fuel economy all at an honest price. Don’t pay a steep price for a luxury vehicle, when these vehicles have many of the same features for a fraction of the price!
When you are looking to ship your car from Florida to California since it is a cross-country trip it will not be cheap. It is a long distance so the time will take longer than going a few states over. Shipping your car long distances no longer has to be a chore. When hiring a professional auto transport company, you can be sure you will have a stress-free experience, guaranteed.
How Long Will the Trip Take?
You can expect 7-10 days for this trip, so just over a week. For delivering your car it can take about six days while the pickup can take 3 days.
The standard time for arrival is about a week, but you may need expedited shipping services. In that case, the pickup maybe 1-2 days and the price will also be higher since it is given in a short window.
Why Ship to California?
People choose to ship to California for many reasons. One is that the employment opportunity is great and job growth is expected to add 6.3 million jobs in the next 6 years. One of the biggest industries in California is the tech industry. Another reason why people like California is it is one of the top family-friendly cities in America. From affordable housing and low crime too great schools and income. California is one of the most desirable states in the U.S. to live – no wonder so many people choose to ship their car to California!
Only Choose Professional Auto Transporters
When transporting your car, only trust a professional and licensed auto transporter with a great track record. The last thing you want is for your car to get damaged and they do not have adequate insurance. This can cost you a lot more money than planned. Trust the reliable Direct Connect Auto for shipping your car cross-country to California, with a damage-free and hassle-free guarantee!
You may have wondered how auto shipping quotes were calculated from an Auto Shipping Company. Distance is not the only factor that calculates the price, and there are many other factors to consider. By reading and understanding these many factors below that average into your shipping, you will know what adds to shipping cost and how you can save.
Distance and Route – The longer you travel the higher the price will be. From mileage to gas money, shipping a long distance is much more expensive than shipping to a short distance.
Vehicle Type and Size – Your vehicle make and model may add extra money to your shipping quote. With size and weight, if you have a small car vs. a large truck, you will be paying more for the truck. The truck not only takes up more space on the carrier which means it will carry fewer cars, but it also adds more weight which makes the price higher.