- Cash is King – Those who present the dealer with cash upfront may be lucky with a private dealer who will be able to haggle to get you a price you want. If you try to haggle with a car dealership, having cash up front does not give you much leverage. Since the dealers are not making much anyway per car, most of their profit is from interest and loans on the car. To save money on the purchase of the car, you may be able to have the dealer claim a “loss”, but their profit would return from loan repayment and interest. Once you purchase your car, our experienced open vehicle transporters from Direct Connect Auto Transport can safely get your car to its destination.
- Purchase Out of State to Eliminate Sales Tax – You can be lucky to save some money with a car purchase out of state, but the sales tax is configured not from the location of its purchase but from the region of registration. Those who live in cities like Boston or Philadelphia may think it’s a great idea to purchase in a suburb far away from their home and move cars back to their city. In Philadelphia, they have both a state tax and sales tax. They also pay more sales tax for living in the city then the outside towns that surround them. Some Philly residents may want to purchase in the suburbs to avoid the sales tax, only to be disappointed since you still have to pay your city’s sale tax even if the purchase was in another location. You may be able to shop around to find discounts on the actual price of the car, but you cannot save on the sales tax.
- Shopping on Certain Dates – Due to this other common car buying myth, many people assume to wait for certain dates – like the end of the month. Car buyers assume that dealerships are desperate to get cars sold quickly to meet sales goals. Do not just head to any dealer at the end of the month, but focus on ones that make many transactions each month. These dealers are often more reliable and focus on the positive car buying experience and selling in large volume.
- Do Not Purchase a Red Car – This has been a long car buying myth that has been known for years. People assume that due to the brighter color of the car it’s easier to be noticed by police, and red cars are more likely to be pulled over. People generally avoid purchasing red cars to avoid higher insurance, when insurance companies do not even ask for the color of the car. Insurance companies ask for the year, age and engine size, model, make and body type. If you are looking to purchase a red car, your insurance rate will not go up and Direct Connect will gladly ship it to your home with an enclosed auto carrier.
- Coming Up With a ‘Final Price’ – Sure, you may have researched the same car you are looking for on a website and found it to be less expensive. The one online may have not factored in all of the costs such as sales tax, state and local tax, state license and registration fees, leasing fees and more. If you use the common buyer tactic of having a check with a final price on it, you will often not be able to walk out with the car you want. You have to factor in all of the dealership fees, and your final price may actually be higher than the price the dealership had in mind.
The new 2018 models have been outdoing previous models from performance and fuel efficiency to unique features and improved technology, just as one would expect. Car shoppers today expect more out of cars than ever before, and car manufacturers have to produce cars that live up to their expectations. They want vehicles that have all of the latest gadgets, have a great safety record, is reasonably priced and have great fuel economy.
The cars listed below are the top five desired vehicles of 2018:
- 2018 Kia Sorento – This is one of the top desired SUVs, and is the best 3-Row SUV for your money. If you are looking for an SUV that is high performing and available at a reasonable price, then consider this vehicle. The spacious interior has plenty of passenger space, and up to date features that many luxury SUVs offer. As being one of the lowest starting prices for an SUV, this makes it ideal for families that are looking to save a little cash without skimping on performance.
- 2018 Toyota Avalon – For a great value with all of the latest features of many newer cars, consider the Toyota Avalon. It’s the best large car for your money from 2018 models. With a spacious cabin and leather seats, it just proves a long car ride does not have to be uncomfortable! You can have all of the latest features, great fuel economy and a standard V6 engine all at a competitive price.
- 2018 Audi A3 – At only $31,950, this luxury, a midsize car has all of the features and performance of a regular Audi car at a lower price. If you have always wanted a luxury sedan but didn’t want to spend the steep price – now a luxury sedan can be affordable for everyone. It is even at a lower cost than many midsize cars that are not luxury brands.
- 2018 Ford Edge – The best 2-row SUV for the money is the 2018 Ford Edge. With plenty of interior space, this makes it a comfortable and quiet ride for passengers. The Edge also boasts of plenty of unique tech features that you would see in many newer SUV models. At only $29,200, this large sized SUV is a steal and a great long-term choice.
- 2018 Toyota Camry – This midsize car is anything but ordinary. With standard safety features, outstanding performance and the newest technology like smartphone integrations, this car is not what you would expect from a traditional commuter car. You can expect this to be a great deal in the long run, since long-term ownership costs are lower than costs for the average sedan.
You can still have features of a luxury sedan all at a reasonable price in these budget-friendly vehicles. These five vehicles from 2018 boast of superior performance, comfort and great fuel economy all at an honest price. Don’t pay a steep price for a luxury vehicle, when these vehicles have many of the same features for a fraction of the price!
Fort Bragg – Located in Fayetteville, North Carolina, this is the largest military base in the U.S. It is located on 163,000 acres and has a population of 238,646. The land holds 52,280 active soldiers, 12,624 reserves, 8,757 civilian employees, 3,516 contractors, 62,962 active duty family members and 98,507 family members and army retirees. Fort Bragg was the military base where successful World War II tactics were developed. There are two airfields; Pope Field and Simmons Army Airfield for airborne needs and special operations forces.
Fort Campbell – The second largest military base is located on the Kentucky/Tennessee state line. The population is 234,914 and covers an area of 105,000 acres. There are currently 30,438 militaries, 151,360 personnel, and 53,116 family members. This is the 5th largest active duty member population in the army. This base was first established in 1942 and first used for World War II. Construction of the base was sped up due to attacks on Pearl Harbor. It annually puts 2.6 billion dollars into the local economy and is the largest employer in both Kentucky and Tennessee.
Fort Hood – This is the 3rd largest military base with a population of 217,003 and an area of 214,968. It is located in Killeen Texas, halfway between Waco and Austin. During World War II, this base was used to hold tank destroyers and mobile anti-tank guns. The tank destroyers were made to counter any German mobile armored units during World War II. There are currently 4,733 active duty officers, 74,294 family members, 39,262 active duty members, 39,805 retirees and 8,909 civilians. The base is now primarily used for National Guard and the Army Reserve for a strategic power protection platform.
Many customers prefer skipping the broker since a broker can seem like a salesperson. Brokers connect customers with carriers and do not have their own carriers. Since they have a large network, there are more shipping options. However, they may not personally know the carrier company they refer you to, which can create issues with the customer.
Going with a carrier is a better option for many customers. Some of the carriers are small family-run businesses that have one or two trucks – and are often very reliable. Since brokers do not personally own any trucks, they will have to find you a truck to move your vehicle and charge you an additional fee. Many customers prefer using just a carrier so they do not have to deal with additional charges, and every price and service is from one place.
Customers prefer carriers since it is easier to get in contact with a carrier than a broker. If there is an issue with your vehicle, the broker will have to call the truck company and will take a lot longer than being in direct contact with the carrier. With carriers, if there is an issue such as traffic causing delays or accidents, you are in contact with every party that is responsible. Carriers also specialize in specific routes in the U.S., which is an advantage to the customer. If they are a larger company, they will drive more routes – and know the routes well.
Customers who want to ship without a broker can have a positive shipping experience. Since there is no middle-man, you can sometimes negotiate prices with the carrier. Some carriers are smaller than others and family-owned, making the customer experience more personable and reliable. With their own vehicles, niche routes and excellent communication, it’s no wonder why customers prefer using a carrier over a broker.
The vehicle shippers at Direct Connect Auto Transport are experienced drivers that have been shipping cars from point A to point B safely for years. If you are looking to have your car shipped to another state or cross country, do your research before you choose just any auto transport service. Always look into what company offers the safest and most reliable service. Direct Connect Auto Transport is a licensed, bonded, and insured company. They stress safety first when shipping cars and have a damage-free guarantee, so you don’t need to worry about your vehicle being damaged during shipment.
Direct Connect Auto Transport ships nearly every type of vehicle, from boats and large trucks to motorcycles and classic cars. Depending on the value of your vehicle you may opt to decline the traditional open auto transport for enclosed transport of your vehicle. Although they always stress vehicle safety, and 75% of their customers use open transport, they recommend using enclosed transport for valuable cars. If your car is a classic car, or a valuable car valued at or above $70,000, you may want to consider using enclosed shipping. The luxury and classic cars should not be exposed to any weathering or debris, which can ruin the car’s paint or degrade the car’s value.
You will always get the best price for your auto transport quote, and Direct Connect Auto Transport has a pricing calculator that will estimate the price of your trip using factors such as distance, vehicle make & model, location, vehicle condition, transport type, and season. If you are leaving during a busy season, such as the snowbird winter months, you can expect the travel rates to be higher since demand for carriers is higher. Snowbird season is our busiest season when many retirees leave the cold winter months in the North for warmer temperatures in the South. With whatever season you choose to travel, they will always offer the best rate for your travel.
If you are looking to ship your vehicle with a reliable auto transport company look no further than Direct Connect Auto Transport. Contact them today for a free quote to see how much you can save from other transport companies. You will always have professional service with dependable direct contact and customer support. So ship your car today for guaranteed, high-quality and reliable transport!
Shipping a car is safe and easy with Direct Connect Auto Transport. Their auto transportation is reliable, with a damage-free guarantee. The trusted shipper will allow you to ship everything from oversized equipment to boats and cars. Whether you need a classic car shipped to a city for a new job, or you need a truck shipped to a remote area – direct connect can help every move be a smooth transition every time.
What is The Cost?
The cost will differ based on a number of factors: vehicle type, vehicle size, vehicle weight, amount of space the vehicle takes up on the carrier and the place you are leaving from and going to. If you have a car valued at over $70,000, we recommend enclosed shipping. This is about double the price of open carrier car transport. We recommend this for expensive, rare or vintage cars. Cars under $70,000 should consider using open carrier transport since 75% of our customers use it and have positive feedback from their experience.
When Will My Car Arrive?
There is an estimate for when your car will arrive for automobile transport, but there is no guarantee. Factors that can affect shipping include weather, traffic, accidents, car issues, etc. If you are leaving from a crowded area like a city and traveling to another populated area – the chances are higher of having carriers ready at a moment’s notice to transport your vehicle. However, if you live in a rural area and a carrier has to go off the main path, it will cost more and may also take longer to have your vehicle shipped.
Using a Transporter Takes Away the Stress of Driving Yourself
If you want to ship a car to another area whether it is for a new job or for seasonal auto transport, why make it more stressful by driving the car yourself? With a carrier, you do not have to worry about gas money, traffic, weather, etc. You also do not have to worry about your car breaking down on your destination and having to get it repaired. Especially if you are moving for a job, you should not make the move more stressful than it needs to be. Trust Direct Connect Auto Transport to safely transport your vehicle and deliver it damaged free – guaranteed!
Depending on the vehicle that you are trying to ship, the price and shipping method will vary. For most vehicles, it is recommended that you use the less expensive open carrier option. For other, more expensive and valuable vehicles, you should absolutely use a closed carrier. Although Direct Connect Auto Transport is always diligent with ensuring that your vehicle gets delivered safely with open transport, there are rare times when damage is unavoidable.
When to Use Open Transport
You should use open auto transportation if your vehicle is worth less than $70,000. Almost 75% of people that use auto transport will go with open transport. It is like on a flight, where the majority of the people on board will take the economy seats. There is always a risk that your vehicle can become damaged while being moved via open transport. Whether it is weather-related event or fuel from the top row of cars leaking to the bottom row of cars – damage is known to happen in rare cases. There is also a chance of debris from high winds to hit your car. Since weather prediction is not always accurate, sometimes the auto transporter can run into bad weather despite taking all possible precautions.
When to Use Closed Transport
You should consider closed auto transport when your vehicle is worth over $70,000. If you have a classic car or an expensive sports car, closed auto transportation is something that you should strongly consider. Any vehicle that has a lot of value to it should use this option. With classic cars, if it gets damaged it may be difficult to find the right parts. It will also be very expensive for any repairs, such as a coat of paint that was used on a classic car.
Advantages and Disadvantages to Open and Closed Auto Transport
There are both advantages and disadvantages to move cars with either open or closed transport options. Open transport is great for every day vehicles, is less expensive since there are more open carriers, and it is a popular choice for car dealers. The disadvantage is that there are more stops, which will take more time. Your vehicle will also be exposed to weather and road elements, and contingent cargo insurance will not cover any road hazard damage. The advantages to enclosed auto transport include not having to worry about damage from debris or weather related events. It is also faster auto transport as there are fewer stops and fewer cars in the carrier. The disadvantage to closed auto transport is it’s at least 50% more expensive, it is not an economical choice for lower value vehicles and there is not as much space on the closed carrier as there are on the open carriers.
So there are both advantages and disadvantages to both open and closed carriers. Choice either open or closed carriers based on your vehicle type. With whatever carrier type that you choose, Direct Connect Auto Transport always does their absolute best to get your vehicle safely to its destination. With years of experience and a great track record, you can count on them to get you to where you need to be within the correct time frame. Contact Direct Connect Auto Transport for an auto transport quote to get your vehicle from point A to point B safely and efficiently.
If you’re looking to move a car, consider Direct Connect Auto Transport as your professional auto carrier. Direct Connect Auto is the most reliable auto transport company and you can count on your vehicle being delivered on time! Direct Connect Auto knows how to safely and effectively get your vehicle to the desired location in a timely manner.
You can rest assured that your vehicle will be safely shipped by the dependable auto shippers at Direct Connect Auto. They ship everything from collector’s cars and sports cars to boats and motorcycles. For over 20 years, Direct Connect Auto Transportation has earned high ranks from their many satisfied customers.
Once your vehicle is shipped, you can track your vehicle at all times. With a damage-free guarantee, you can be reassured that your vehicle will be delivered safe and secure! They offer open shipping, flatbed shipping and closed shipping – for those who prefer different levels of protection to move cars.
Your car is always guaranteed for protection when you ship with a professional car shipping company and you’ll be able to relax knowing it will arrive safely and on time. Hauling your own car is not an easy thing and, if not done right, you can damage your car. Professional car shippers have all of the equipment to handle different sized vehicles and with the price of gas combined with wear and tear may cost more than having a professional ship it for you.
You may run into various issues that you have not thought of when trying to transport your car yourself. For example, if you have multiple vehicles there may not be an economical way to move them all yourself. Direct Connect Auto is equipped to handle multi-vehicle loads and transports.
To protect one of your most valuable assets, and ship your car with a professional who has been in the vehicle shipping industry for years. Whether you want seasonal auto shipping, international shipping, military relocation, college moves or anything else – Direct Connect Auto transport can help you make it possible!
When comparing automobile transportation methods and prices, an enclosed auto carrier is a likely option. You may wonder if it’s worth the additional expense, and the answer to that question depends on the car to be shipped, as well as the vehicle’s actual and sentimental value. Read on to get some tips on assessing the feasibility of hiring an enclosed auto carrier.
Keep an Eye to the Sky
Shipping a car is a good choice if you’re moving far away, but that decision comes at a time when costs are already high. Some may wonder if they can save by choosing an open carrier instead, and it can be beneficial in certain cases. If you’re shipping an exotic, rare or classic car, enclosed transport is the way to go. Weather can shift in a minute, and things like sandstorms, hail and high winds are common. Such weather events can cause serious damage to a car, and most insurers won’t cover the cost.
Look Out for Road Debris
It’s quite common, especially in isolated areas, for debris to be disturbed by passing vehicles. While the chance of damage might be less than if you chose to move the car yourself, it’s possible—as is theft or vandalism in urban areas. It’s worthwhile to plan for the worst-case scenario, and planning can help you avoid unpleasant surprises.
Ask About Insurance Coverage
Before signing a shipping agreement you should be sure to ask for a copy of the carrier’s insurance info, to ensure that your car will be covered if a loss or damage occurs. Ask the motorcycle shipping company what their insurance covers, and what type of events or accidents are included. Claims history is important as well; a company who makes frequent claims may not be as careful with your vehicle as you’d like them to be.
Inspect Your Car On Delivery
If you’re meeting your carrier at the destination or the car’s being shipped to you, don’t forget to evaluate it before signing off on the paperwork. Check for damage, making a note of any that wasn’t there before shipping. If the car’s going to its new owner or a restoration shop, ensure that the receiver inspects the car and notes the damage description that was submitted upon loading.
Many companies that deal with classic car shipping, as well as those with substantial insurance, may use enclosed carriers to shield themselves from claims that arise from debris, weather, theft and vandalism. While it might seem like a good deal to skip the enclosed carrier, one averted accident will make all the extra expense worthwhile.