From these five tips to improve gas mileage, Direct Connect Auto Transport can help to improve the efficiency of your car. Enjoy the full use of your car and move cars with ease with the least amount of strain on your engine. The auto transportation services at Direct Connect Auto will help to make sure your car runs efficiently – whether on the road or being transported across the country. With over 20 years of experience, they can make sure your car gets to where it needs to be, in stellar condition.
Below are the 5 ways to improve gas mileage:
- Reduce Car Weight – This is not only a way to economize for your car but being aware of the weight will put less strain on the engine. More weight will make your engine work harder which will require much more fuel to burn. Any weight increase on your car will increase the engine workload substantially.
- Go Light on the Gas Pedal – If you press too heavy on the gas pedal, you will also be using more fuel. Your car may able to go 0-60 mph, but it will require way more fuel and will strain on your engine.
- Replace Your Air Filter – Many people will forget to replace their air filter which is one of the easiest ways to improve gas mileage. Just like vacuum cleaners, the air filters can only hold so much debris. When they are filled to their maximum capacity, the filter needs to be changed. Without doing this, the performance of your car and gas mileage will suffer.
- Use Oil Recommended By Vehicle Manufacture – You may think just any standard oil will work for your car. Different car types need different fuel. Going with the fuel from the manufacturer is what is recommended for your car to run its best.
- Avoid Being Idle – If you continue to run your engine at idle, you are wasting a lot of gas. The amount of gas is about half a gallon to a gallon of fuel that is consumed every hour your car is idle. If you are waiting in your car with the engine on, it is best to shut it off and restart it when you begin to drive again.
By improving your gas mileage, you can have a better on-road experience whether you are driving your car yourself or ship car to California with Direct Connect Auto Transport. You can save wear on your car and on gas mileage, which is a win-win!